Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

March 21, 2019

December Surprise

The year just flew by!

The boys had a very simple birthday party this year...just the five of us....They were kind of bummed, but there was not a whole lot of time to go to OK and spend it with grandparents....and since we had a surprise for them, I didn't want to ALSO do two bday parties and stress me out more than I already was.  Spencer only had three days off, and we just didn't want to hurry and go somewhere. It would have been VERY rushed. So we decided to stay here. We did manage...however, to surprise the older boys with a trip to Branson.
Dominic's small birthday celebration


Ethan's birthday celebration


This is how we travel

Dominic got sick right before his birthday. He got a stomach bug and I had to pick him up at school. That was wednesday and they told me to keep him home until he had stop throwing up for 24hours...so he stayed home Thursday as well. Then, the next day,Friday, we left for Branson. We told them it was a surprise trip and that they would love it. Well, Dom was disapointed he did not get a bday party with friends. But Ethan was game...all he wanted was to stay in a hotel room. Don't ask me why...but that's all he wanted. We found a deal for a "resort" in Branson that had an indoor water park. We thought it was such a deal (compared to Great Wolf Lodge). Well....never been to the Lodge, but this resort...was not that good haha. There was a water park but it was not connected to the hotel. So you had to drive up and park and then walk to get to it. I probably would have been fine with that- except this weekend it happened to be cold and rainy. I didn't want my kids being wet and walking to the car in low temperatures. The water inside wasn't exactly warm either. So, that was a bust. They also gave us free tickets and concessions to a show in the resort. Well, that was also NOT connected. It was actually quite a bit of a walk from our hotel room, so once again, we had to buckle everyone in to go a few hundred feet to get to the show.  Like I said, it would have been fine, had the temperatures not been so low and rainy.



My parents and brothers showed up and surprised the boys...and THAT.WAS.FUN. They had a blast. They went mini golfing, arcade, lots of soda, lots of pizza, they got gifts, and cake. That was so fun for them.
They got presents from Grandparents

He's so happy with this toy

We also did the Dixie Stampede...NOW that was fun! It's well worth the money. If you ever go to Branson....that's a must. The kids were having a blast. You get to walk and see all the horses in their stalls and they're so massive! Then they have a pre-show where they get the audience warmed up and you can buy popcorn and soda before (why not?!?) and finally when they seat you for the show....You get a TON of food. Ethan shared with me (we also shared a seat). I figured he would not eat everything...but he surprised me...Dominic ended up sharing his food too. You get a whole chicken, two sides, bread, soup, and a dessert plus soda or tea. It's a lot of food for one person. They do hand out dogie bags....but the food is not very good the day after. I suggest to stuff your face when it's fresh....or do what we did...and share with little ones. I'm glad we did. There's no way I would have been able to help the kids finish their food as well as mine.
The show was fantastic...a lot of horses, a lot of piggies running around. There's comedy in there as well. And because it was Christmas time...they had a live nativity. The kids loved it! They kept singing "Joseph went to Bethlehem" and they kept telling me it was just like the song. I'm glad they're staring to put things together...I was getting worried Santa was taking over the holiday.
Watching a comedy show. Kids got free popcorn and they LOVED
having popcorn at 9am

Overall, it was a good trip. Spencer and the older boys spent every day at the water park. I snuck away with my family and we got to the Titanic museum. It's a good one, if you find a groupon. Only $13 a person. Jacob had a cough and the last thing I wanted, was to get him wet. Come to find out, Ethan had a fever the last day, but he would not stop moving. Once we got to the car to go home...that's when he felt it hard. He even threw up. It was very eventful getting home...but we did it. and he rested the rest of the time after that. He's such a trooper. Even if he feels miserable....he still does what he's suppose to. Makes me feel bad for him...EVERY TIME. But by the time I realize he's sick, it's usually too late (for example...he threw up).
They had a blast...all three of them

The rest of December was easy going. We missed Dom's school party. I had to have a mom fill in for me and I think she did a good job. Ethan had a school concert late in the day (on his birthday of all days) and he loved being the center of attention. He doesn't get that very often with his older and younger brother around. He refused to wear anything fancy...and I was not about to fight him over it.

During the break, we went to the library and got to make some crafts. Then on Christmas day, Uncle Aaron came to visit and we ate dinner togeher. I didn't feel well that day....and neither did the next 6 days. I was shivering uncontrollably for 2 whole days...but I had no fever...then I was coughing and a lot of sinus stuff...for the next four. I dont' know why...but this year...for whatever reason...I got sick the most...and it lasted a long time. It was taking me WEEKS to recover. It was like..it was getting better....and then it wasn't...and I had to start all over again. It could be that Jacob wasn't really sleeping very well during December (during teething season) and I wasn't exactly resting either. And then when I came out of the gym, I was sweating...and it was in the 30s outside....I dunno...a lot of factors I guess. But it seemed that my kids maybe had it for like 3 days and they were fine. But I was miserable the entire time.
Dominic decided to teach himself how to draw. during Christmas break.

I dont really do a end of the year letter. I figured people could just read this monthly and just catch up. But in 2019....basically in a nutshell: Spencer started a new job in MO in end of January and was traveling every other week back home to OK. It was a mess, and I am SO glad its over. Then, in February, we added Jacob to the family. He was in the NICU for a couple of days (a bit of a drama queen if you ask me) because his breathing "was too fast". I didn't think it was necessary and pushed for his release (hence it took me two days). Spencer was able to spend two weeks with us so that I could recover, but then he was doing every other week in MO again. We put the house on the market in April and had a buyer (who was duped and didn't actually have money to close, so that fell through) but didn't sell the house until July. We bought our MO house in May and moved right after. Once all kids were done with school, we packed and left OK. It's been an eventful next 6 months....from organizing and finding our way around the new area and house. I'm still getting used to it. Dominic is still getting used to his new school. Ethan loves his new school, and Jacob just keeps growing exponentially. He basically has grown up for a whole 10 months...he went from a tiny defenseless baby that used to eat every 2 hours and no sleep....to a whopping 10 mo old that weighs 24 lbs and can take small steps..and sleeps ok. Spencer loves his new job and tries to take on more shifts if he can. But in the new year, he has decided to take less shifts and focused on being home more and taking on more projects. This is what we are hoping to do in 2019- a kid area in the backyard, a small garden, upgrade ALL the bedroom closets, finish the basement so kids can play down there, paint and reorganize rooms....and tiny projects here and there. We try to tackle one at a time...hoping to actually finish the project before we start a new one...so we don't have a huge list right now.
We also plan to travel more this year. We're planning to see family during Spring Break and in the Summer....and we plan to visit my family a couple of times too. We may even have time to hit the beach later in the year...who knows? The year is full of potential!

No comments: