Immediately, the CRNA came did the anesthesia, everyone was scrubbed and ready to go, opened my tummy and out came:
Little Dominic Elijah joined our little family on 12/13/11 at 6:41pm weighing 7lbs 14 oz and being 21in long. The dr said he prob would be 6lbs guessing by my tummy size. He was very surprised to see such a big baby. I think now he understood why he could not be pushed out. Dominic cried up a storm when he was taken out, he was so mad. I thought he was going to be a handful. But so far, he's been pretty good. I must admit, he is pretty patient with us.
We left the hospital 4 days later. I was so happy to be out of there. It was really noisy at night and was never able to get a good night's rest. Then again, I haven't been able to get a good nights rest for a while. We blessed little Dominic, Tuesday the 20th since we had a lot of people were here for the holidays, especially my parents. We didn't want them to make an extra trip for the blessing.
We totally enjoy having him in our lives. I must say I was not expecting such a big blessing in my life, and at times I think "I'm not ready and need to take him back". But now that he is starting to smile back at me, I am starting to think that maybe I will be allright after all. Maybe it will get better. Maybe I dont need to go out this week, maybe I dont need to sleep more than 5 hours, maybe the house doesn't have to be clean., maybe I need to stop being selfish.
I must admit, he is pretty easy and cute. I love his huge brown eyes. He's pretty patient with me and hardly cries (unless he has a reason to). there's no colic and loves to sleep at night (and is almost sleeping thru the night). He is overall a good happy baby. He'll try anything- formula, breastmilk, cold milk, warm milk, hot wipes, cold wipes, cloth diapers, disposable diapers, sleeping in our bed, slepping in his crib. I could not have asked for a better baby. Maybe I will be more ready for #2, which will not be anytime soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment