Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 17, 2019

April Showers

Whew....talk about april showers...more like downpours.....we can't keep the sump pump in our basement to take a break.

So much rainfall this month. We had a small lake in our common area (the back of our house) at least 5 times. But the grass and flowers are blooming and they look so pretty....even the dandelions look so good. We started a garden, but we need to clean it out and have planted watermelon, pumpkin, cucumber, tomatoes, and peppers...we'll see how they do.
I gotta clean out the grass out of there


Spencer has made it his mission to make the grass look so good this year. I mean, seriously, I think he spends more time with the grass than us.
He bought the kids a massive play area, and it took us three days to build. You definitely needed a partner, some of the pieces were way too big and heavy to move on your own. The first day, he did it on his own....he only got the tower to stand haha. the next few days I helped him and it went by a LOT faster. I think it took us about three days total to get everything secure and ready for play. As soon as it was done, the neighbor kids started coming over....we were the cool house for a little while.


They were so heavy I have no idea how they delivered them

Day 1: Spencer did by himself

Day 2: Leslie got involved haha

Day 3: Awesomeness
Ethan started soccer and he loves it. He's so good at it too. It's crazy how different boys can be. Ethan is just so athletically good at stuff...whatever he tries....basketball, soccer, tball...running....he's just good. Dominic is not so good haha. He's more of the coding guy.
Ethan loved having a team and a coach teaching him how to do things. We had practice every Thursday for 8 weeks...and it seriously rained for 6 of those 8. The YMCA let us switch times and go on Mondays because we kept getting cancelled. These were bad storms...not just sprinkles...a lot of lighting and thunder.  So we did every Monday and a few Thursdays. He's getting ready to start swimming lessons to get him ready for summer.
He's the one NOT wearing the green shirt


The last week in April, The storms kept blowing our tampoline over, so we took the netting off. Well, I did not notice, but Ethan had gone out into the backyard and started using the trampoline. I guess he landed wrong and his mouth hit the tube where the netting should be....and it was a bloody mess...everywhere. It was right after church. I had to wake up Jacob from his nap and took a kid without shoes, to the urgent care. I really thought he had lost some teeth. While he did hurt his chin and mouth pretty bad...everything was intact...he got so lucky. The NP would not even give him stitches because the cut was so small it would traumatize him more than actually do any good. He was sore for a few days after that...barely ate. The only time, I have seen Ethan reject food.
Crazy kids
we forgot his shoes.....

this looks a thousand times better than it did when
it actually happened.

bandaid on his chin for days...he was not a fan.

Dominic started doing books and loves writting and illustrating...I"m keeping all of these books because I think they are so funny. He is also so ready for summer to be here and to start swim lessons. He has already told me he is not doing anything this summer. All he wants to do is go to the pool and chill.
They have eaten breakfast together recently

Spencer surprised us and took us back to Oklahoma for Easter. The kids were so excited. WE stopped at Torchy's tacos (seriously we need some here in MO), Jacob got to eat candy for the first time, DOminic discovered he likes red rice,  and they got to spend a lot of time at Guelita's house.





Look at that face


And I almost forgot....we celebrated MY birthday:

It really doesn't matter...once you past 30 is like...meh. So there's only a couple of pics of the event. But I did get a beautiful table for my birthday (which unfortunately I have to share haha)..now I gotta find some chairs that my children will not destroy....


No comments: