Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 2, 2018

3 Months


Baby Jacob is a beast....we had to go back to the doctor because he ended up having thrush like his older brother Ethan. I think I just eat too much sweet stuff....I know milk is sweet to begin with, it just seems that it's something I'm doing that gives my kids thrush.
So, we found out at his 3rd month appointment that he was 16lbs. But I really think he's starting to not eat as much....maily because he nurses most of the time. He ends up with a max of 6oz of formula a day....hey, that's pretty good. I do admit...I nurse him like every hour. But he's starting to level off....maybe to every 1.5-2 hrs? It's hard to leave home still. I am so tired. Even at night, he will wake up every two hours. He'll surprise me (a total of 5 times so far) where he sleeps 4 hours like he's suppose to.

He loves mom's milk compared to formula. He'll give in when he knows there's nothing there. Sorry kid..I'm not a cow. I don't even have extra to put in the freezer. It's awful! He eats EVERYTHING.

So, he's a bad sleeper...but he's a newborn so I'll cut him some slack. He does these 20 min naps all the time. I think Dom did too and they drove me bunkers, but with Jacob, I barely notice them. I mean, his brothers are so noisy and so active, that I barely notice the kid except when he's hungry. Dominic is so loud that I can barely hear him scream in a 1900sq ft house. True story.

He's outgrown 3mo onesies...unless they are Carters brand...I think they make them more stretchy. We are doing 3-6months, and even 6-9mo in some brands. He's my only kid with somewhat "rolls"...like he's got rubber bands around his arms and legs. His head is massive, I have no idea how he keeps it up. He hates tummy time, so I usually hold him up so he can work on his head and neck. We bought him a bumbo seat and we hope to sit him soon...his head is too woobly still, but he's showing no interest in lying down anymore. I am using the ergobaby all the time around here.

He rolls from his side to back....but not all the way yet. Im surprised...he's so heavy, I feel like he should easily roll.  Maybe that's not his thing. He is starting to stretch out his legs, like he wants to stand, but his little legs are pretty inwards still, so I don't let him put weight on them. AND he's got the BIGGEST smile....he's super darling..it's so hard to stay mad at him for not sleeping when he smiles at me like that.....it's a mom thing haha.  He also has the biggest eyes I have EVER seen....almost like kawaii style haha. Which makes him the more cute....and those HUGE eyelashes....whose child is this?!? He should be in advertising....I would buy stuff if this face was attached to it haha.


Dominic loves to talk to him. He loves to smile at Dominic. His carseat is in the middle of the two boys and he always smiles and stares at Dominic. He loves facing him. He loves to take naps in the car....when its moving. Once it stops, the crying starts....just like all my kids. I'm thinking I will take the baby car seat away and give it back to Aunt Katie since my kids hate it. I'm just waiting for him to hold his head up well, so I can move him to the convertible car seat, and just get him out by himself. Seriously, I always start by taking him with the car seat out and my big ol bag....and I end up with a baby, a separate car seat, and then a bag. It's so annoying....plus two other kids that refuse to look for cars.

But overall, he's a good kid. He's mellow and super quiet and loves to learn by staring at older brothers. It does scare me that at some point I will have to feed THREE...well four really....boys. Then again...Dom and I barely eat. The other three eat our rations.....
BIG EYES

No comments: