Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 2, 2018

End of May

Well May was eventful....

Ethan graduated from preschool first. He did so awesome! He loved making friends, and the whole aspect of going to school- music, Spanish, lunch, activities and crafts...you name it. He would have been so bored at home. I'm glad I did it. He'll definitely go next year. It'll be another year of preschool but I know he'll love it. I found him a Lutheran church close to our new house in MO for him to attend- super similar to this one. He had an end of the year program and he was so cute. Dad could not attend, but I did. He loved every second of it!

Dominic had his end of the year party. I had a couple of parents help me organize it, because I was just running on empty and I am so sleep deprived. With Spencer being gone for long periods (8-15 days at a time) and not sleeping and trying to keep up with chores so the house is always ready for open houses and appointments...I just gave out. So, I only bought a few favors and the other parents pitched in with decorations, plates, and food. It was good- the kids loved it. It was a fun time for Dom. I finally got to see a "smelcin" is....apparantly, a smelly pencil. Yes....they do exist. I thought teacher meant smelly markers...but no....they're actually wooden pencils that smell like fruits. I found some on amazon and they come to about $1 a kid...not bad...unless you got like 25 kids to shop for. But the kids loved them...except for Dom. He didn't like any of the smells.
Last day of school

Teacher pic on last day

This was after school....so this was the last time
we would ever take a picture here


He learned to face his fears and anxieties about public schools....now we gotta do it all over again for 1st grade.....AY! We'll start a new school year in a new state, and we may have to do this all over again...we'll see. I"m hoping he'll settle in WAY faster than he did in kindergarten (which took us over a semester). I just realized that our MO district got rearranged again, so maybe less kids will mean less kids in the classrooms and less noise making it easier on him. The noise level and the time (kinder was too long...he kept saying) were the big factors last year.
Big last end of the year party in his classroom

Dad is still working and was able to find us a house (with my google and zillow skills) and we closed on the 29th. We will move June 4th in what we hope will be an easy move. We got a 22 ft truck and hope to make it in one move. Both ward members (here and in MO) are eager to help us, so we'll take them up on that. As soon as we move from here (OK), our stake will have a conference where the rumor is will split the two neighboring stakes into THREE stakes and many more wards.....so we'll miss out on all the fun.  Funny....when we moved into this OK house...our ward had just been born...we got to start over with everyone else. Now, we'll leave and so will everyone as new wards and boundaries are made. It's like we went full circle. Spencer is tired of traveling 8 hrs every other week and excited to have a new place to start working on. We have a lot of good LDS families that live in our new neighborhood, so we'll see how that goes. My plan is to have Dom make friends in the neighborhood (over the summer) to help his anxiety about the new school and new year. Dad wants him to ride the bus...I'm not so cool about this. I think I need more time before that happens. Besides, the school is right around the corner...I could walk if I wanted to.
Last time at the local splash pad

last time at the splash pad

I am still tired and doing everything around this OK house. I pack all the time, I clean all the time. we have a contract on this house, but I'm not sure that we will close on June 8. It looks like the buyers were not aware they had to bring money to closing (money they do not have....how that was missed....beats me). So we're praying and hoping that something gets resolved here. In the meantime, we made a wise decision to not go all the way to the top of our budget for the new house, so we could be able to pay both mortgages if we had to.....you gotta plan ahead...whew! We have a young man in our ward mowing and watering the lawn. If the sales doesn't go thru, at least  the house will be presentable to sell again. We had a lot of activity before...we hope for the same the second time around. We got rid of so much stuff, but I still feel like we have a lot. I managed to let the kids do a couple of fun things since most of their stuff has been packed. We hit home depot one last time for a workshop and we did the splash park a couple of times in a row.....

Let's hope for a good June....
went to a home depot workshop for the last time in OK.
Ethan mixed at least 5 colors on his car

making cars at home depot...he chose a lighning mcqueen
he's so careful about his things

No comments: