Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 2, 2018

End of June

I'm finally catching up....JUNE...

June was incredibly busy and eventful for us. WE MOVED! We thought having a bigger truck we would fit all of our stuff but it did not. We had to leave some stuff behind- my washer/dryer, a lot of food to my parents, and I sold a lot of toys and gave some away as well.

our last night before Dad got back to drive to MO

cute kids

We had a 26 ft Budget truck already booked (like 4 weeks in advance) only for them to call us the day before and tell us that they had no trucks for us. And they really couldn't do anything for us either. So, Spencer swore that would be the last time we use them. We were incredibly disappointed in their customer service. We think this is what happened- this particular weekend was WAY too busy for all moving companies (as we found out), and since we had booked this truck way in advanced, we got it relatively cheap....and they overbooked and since we were the cheapest bid....they got rid of ours and probably gave it to someone who paid three times as much.
BIG BIG truck

So we were scrambling 24 hrs before trying to find a big truck for us to move across country. It was a super stressful 12 hours. We managed to get a Penske truck at the local Home Depot...and of course, it cost us three times more than we had paid originally.....but at this point, there was nothing we could do. They definitely took advantage of us, but we had no choice...plans were made and Spencer had to go back to work in two days. So, we got the truck and packed it. We had several ward members help us and we finished in a couple of hours...only to realize that this 22ft truck was too small for all of our junk. We had to leave some stuff behind and off we went the next day to MO.

It took us about two weeks to get rid of boxes and move big things in. In fact...we're still moving but oh well....most of the stuff is out of boxes. We now have a basement which is really cool....more storage....haha.

The older kids got signed up for baseball at the local YMCA and that's what we are doing all summer long thursday and friday nights...as well as saturday mornings. Every weekday we also go to the Y so that I can work out, and the kids stay in the childwatch area. I need my own time to get away from all the clutter here. It's been good to them- they made friends and Jacob has learned that other people are ok when I'm not around. He hates everyone except for me...especially Spencer. He has given up on him.
Ethan's team- they don't have games...just practice.
But it's like herding cats...haha


Dom's morning games are boring..and SO hot.
So I always bring gatorade and snacks so EThan feels special.

The kids also got to attend VBS (Bible School). It was fun, and they love the snacks and crafts. This year, it was about being stuck in an island....and how Jesus always saves even when we think we have no way out...I dunno...something like that haha. They even taught the kids a cute little song in african (kenya) and Ethan was signing all day long...I couldn't figure out what he was saying! Then on the last day, I figured it out it was in African....not his fault haha. It was nice to have them gone for a week and be able to just run errands with Jacob...he's so easy. I grab the stroller, since I don't have a baby car seat anymore...and just jog real quick around the store and get my items and leave. It was only for a week...but it was awesome haha. Looking forward to school starting. For now, we only have tball and baseball practice.
Ethan in blue...he refused to wear the VBS t shirt

Last day at VBS

The boys also got to see the dentist for the first time...I know....I'm a little late but it's baby teeth....they have been brushing their teeth since they came out...just not at the dentist. I was very surprised taht both kids have really good teeth. Dom ended up having his Dad's teeth because, even though he has a massive sweet tooth, he had the best teeth out of both kids. The dentist was so impressed with his teeth actually. Ethan....has a small problem. His teeth are a bit brown at the top (of the two front teeth), the dentist couldn't figure out why because they were healthy....not soft or mushy...and it didn't hurt him, so the teeth are fine...it's just the color that is odd. I came home and after talking to Spencer about it, we think it may be because he sucks on that blanket of his ALL DAY LONG. That blanket is so brown around the corners that maybe the color is transferring onto his teeth...I"m not sure, but that the only explanation I can think of. He eats awesome....way better than Dom...so, as of right now, we are restricting his blanket only to night time sucking haha. I sucked my thumb all of my childhood...I KNOW how hard it is to stop...so I won't stop cold turkey because it seems so heartless...after all the attempts my family made on me. And it's away to relieve anxiety....so for now, i'm okay with night time. At some point...YES...I will take it away completely...but baby steps.
I only got a picture of the office. Why is it all kids dr's office
have a salt water aquarium with a nemo and a dory?!
Was that BEFORE or AFTER the movie came out? 
This guy always falls asleep at the WRONG time...but look at those rolls!

Because Dom did 2 weeks of a challenge of Dad's choosing, he got rewarded a day at Chuck E Cheese and Ethan tagged along. He does not do well with timers lol. Dom also got to see a Cardinals game first hand with Dad. They came back super late, but he loved it. He is my night owl, so it was ok for me.
Ethan took matters in his own hands when the basketball
game ran out of time. 

outside the game

can't NOT get dippin dots at the game lol
The kids also found a hammock in their new bedroom (owner left it) and some cool rings in teh basement, so those are getting a lot of use. I have already had a few accidents with kids letting go of the rings because they are trying to do tricks, so they're off limits for now...until I can find a cushy mat to put under....I'm trying to avoid an ER visit.
Its in their closet



The kids have adjusted well and it's been good. I hope they will keep trying to be good for me, so that I can hopefully, some day, put up all the pictures and get rid of all the moving boxes in this house. And once the days are not so hot and humid we plan to take daily walks around the neighborhood and see who our neighbors are....we have seen our immediate neighbors and introduced ourselves...but there are SO many kids at night riding all kinds of scooters and bikes around here...I would like to get to know them, especially because they will go to Dom's school. 

First Sunday together in church

No comments: